Monday, January 2, 2017

Changes and Happy 2017!!!!

 Big Changes On The Second Post Already?!

So, let me just start this Post by saying...  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!! And now the, well, "interesting" stuff. So I have decided to not do all the other stuff. I can sense all of the confusion. What I mean is... I will be posting only the story I am working on! I don't personally feel like I am up to making a post once a week with all of that stuff to do. But I do think that it would be nice to post a bit of my story (which does not yet have a title or proper chapters). If you haven't read the beginning of the story, I would check out my first post right now so you don't get spoiled reading this post. I feel like just having a bit of my story posted is not enough so I'm going to do something like this where I rant on about something and then post a bit of the story.


The Story That Does Not Yet Have A Name

When the bus reached school, I made sure that I was one of the first kids off the bus and in school. If I was certain of one thing, I knew that devils hated schools. They were afraid of the teachers and all the students because they had more trouble fitting in more than vampires. I rushed to my locker and started putting away my jacket and other thing that I did not want to carry around all day. “Hey Spikey,” called a voice behind me, “ wanna come over and study tonight?”
“No sorry I can’t, family plans.” I responded without turning around.
“ Aww man, what is it this time?” asked my friend Raven.
“ Full moon movie night.”
“ Ohh I see.” Raven muttered. Raven was my best friend out of our little gang of friends. We called ourselves the Shadow Crew because we all have dark, shadowy names. The group consisted of me, Raven, Ash, Crimson, Midnight, and Burn (Ash and Burn are twins). We were the ones that everyone thought was punk and rebel-like, but really, we were the the least like that. We just all were dark and mysterious and had pretty cool names. Not to brag or anything. So yeah, maybe we wore edgy makeup and would wear punk-edgy clothing, but hey, you can’t judge a book by it’s cover.
As Raven and I headed to homeroom, I saw Kiara in the hall flirting with her boyfriend. “Ew”. I thought, “we’re in school.” as we passed them I rolled my eyes and made a sarcastic kissy face in Raven direction. She smirked and rolled her eyes back at me.
In homeroom, Raven and I were talking about a book that we had both just read and how much we loved it when our teacher, Miss Tanny, called the classes attention.
“Good morning everyone, I have an important announcement for you all. We will be getting a new student on Monday. I don’t yet know her name but she is moving to this school from Diablo High. You may keep talking, I just wanted to tell you all so you would not be surprised.” she turned sat back down in her desk and the chatter rose up again. Diablo high? I knew that place! It was the private high school for devils that didn’t want to go to a public school. Oh great. Just what I needed. She will know I’m a vampire the minute she steps into the room. Great. I turned back to Raven and we continued talking.
When lunch came, I headed to my locker. My locker is where us Shadow’s all meet to go eat lunch. I reached my locker and saw Ash, Midnight, and Crimson were already there. “Hey guys.” I nodded.
“Yo.”
Wazzup” responded Ash and Crimson. Just then, Burn and Raven reached my locker. “Hey ready to eat?” asked Burn. we all nodded and headed toward the English Hall. We always ate there because it had nice big windows and benches for some odd reason. “Did you guys hear about the new girl?” I asked.
“Yeah, Mr Rob told us about her.” said Midnight. Crimson nodded in agreement, “Mrs Perry told us about her too. They must have told the whole 9th grade during homeroom.” she said. We continued eating our lunch and chatting about our plans for the night and how we think we would do on the Social Studies quiz. When the bell rang for last period, we jumped up and ran to the trash can as fast as we could. We all had the same class last period on Friday’s so we all rush toward the class. The reason that we rush was because we did not want anyone to know that we ate our lunch there or else we would probably get some company from the jerks in the school wanting to take the spot from us. That’s what happened to us in middle school when some other kids found where we ate and kicked us out of there. From then on, we never left a trace of where we sat during lunch. When we reached our classroom, we stood outside the door just like we had to everyday. When our art teacher reached the class, she would let us in. As we waited, we decided to talk more about the Social Studies quiz. By then, people had filled the hall and were lining up behind us waiting for our art teacher, Ms Randy, to show up. When she did, she let us in and told us not to grab our artwork just yet but to just have a pencil and a lined piece of paper at a ready. When Ms Randy entered the classroom, she told us what our directions for today.
“Okay class. Today is going to be a bit, well, different,” she took a long pause and looked around the classroom, “this class has been working on showing emotion in our current pieces of artwork. But today, I decided to do something a bit, ummm, on the shady side,” she looked at my table,” for today, we will be drawing our fears. Make sure you add flow and emotion. You may begin drawing.” chirped Ms Randy
I turned to my group and rolled my eyes. “Oh we’re so shady and dark” I said in my most Ms Randy-like voice. Ash rolled his eyes and told me to shut up in case she heard us. I bent down to start drawing. I don’t really have a “worst fear” but I am afraid slightly in one thing. That devil that I had seen on the bus this morning. That really creeped me out. I was about halfway through sketching when Ms Randy looked over my shoulder.
“So Thorne, why a devil?” she asked. I couldn’t tell her the truth so I made it all up.
“Oh, well I uh, they kinda creep me out, the way they can just grow horns out of their head, I mean, how the heck do they do it? I find it really creepy.” I lied.
“Okay then. Well this drawing just looks amazing, do you mind if I hang it up out in the hall once you’re finished?”
Of course I didn’t pass up the offer to let her hang it out in the hall! But I told Ms Randy not to tell anyone that it was me. She agreed then walked away. Burn looked at me as if I had just told him that I was a vampire. I just shrugged and kept drawing until the bell rang.

No comments:

Post a Comment