Monday, December 26, 2016

Welcome to the Creativity Tank

About Me: 

I'm just a person who loves doing all things creative, writing, drawing, cooking, and more! I love to write stories and draw the characters in them. Hope you enjoy my post which will have a different topic anytime! I might post a snippet of a story I am writing or I may upload some images of drawings or paintings instead of a story but either way, I hope you all will enjoy.


Story Writing:

Like most writers, I love to write (Duh). Most of my ideas for stories are inspired by artwork or dreams I have had, or music I listen to, or just reading a good ole' book. I am currently working on a story inspired by a dream I had quite a few weeks ago. I don't remember too many details from the dream but I do remember a very intense scene from the dream, but you will have to keep reading the story to find out (Heh heh heh). The story is based in present day RI (I think), where devils and vampires live amongst humans. But there is one little problem-o that is hard to fix. Vampires and Devils don't get along. At all. Or so they all thought. Thorne, the narrator and main character, knows that she isn't normal. She's a vampire. So are her parents. So they say. One night, on a new moon, Thorne notices her parents acting weird. Soon after asking her parents after their behavior, she finds out that her father is a Devil! She is overly confused when realization hits her. She is part Devil. 
Sounds cool right? I mean, sure it's a bit cliche' but I am trying to make it as "original" as possible. So, here's a tip: If you want to write a good story but don't know what a good topic would be, just thinks about good books you read, cool dreams you've had, or your favorite songs! That is what gets me writing. 
Here are a few pages of the story I'm working on: 

A figure in a gray cloak dragged me to a room. I could not see their face but I did see long red hair. The figure whom I guessed was a girl, held my hands and scrubbed her fingers against my nails. She moved up my arms and grabbed my chin. She forcefully opened my mouth and started rubbing her fingers against my teeth as if they were nail files. The figure moved her hands up to my scalp where she started to press her fingertips against my head. The figure suddenly looked up and whispered in my ear. “Be careful out there, they will be looking for you soon.” and with that, she pushed me up to the wall so that I had to press myself onto the cold concrete and ran out of the dark room. I could hear the pounding of music in the background but was really listening to my heavy breathing. I didn’t know what that woman had just done to me but one thing was certain, she knew I was a vampire.

“Bye Mom, I’m going to school now!” I yelled from the front door.
“Oh bloody boo! Don’t leave yet!” my mom hollered from the kitchen.
“Mom! I told you to stop calling me ‘bloody boo’!” I complained. I had been trying to get my mom to stop calling me vampire baby names but she would not stop. And you would think that the head of the vampire government would know  a thing or two about listening to people. I whipped my head towards the kitchen as my mom emerged out of it. “I have a little something for you!” she sang. I rolled my eyes.
“What is it?”
“Seesh! Way to make me want to throw you in a pit of boiling garlic.”
“That is so stupid mom! I had garlic just the other day and did I die, no! The worst thing that happened was that I had really bad breath!” my mom rolled her eyes back at me and handed me a box. I opened the little thing and was revealed to a small necklace. It was a choker with an evil eye symbol and when I picked up the eye, it seemed to glow a bit.
“I thought you’d like it.” said my mom after noticing the look of pleasure on my face.
“But why now? I mean, shouldn’t you have given this to me for Christmas?”
“It’s a full moon tonight. Remember?” my mom sang.
“Yeah but I thought our deal was that you would get me the candy of my choice and we would hang out inside with dad. The door chained closed and the windows draped with no moonlight seeping through.”
“I know, but tonight is special.”  she stated dreamily. I rolled my eyes and put on the choker.
“Oh! I almost forgot. Do not take that necklace off no matter what. Ok?”
“Ok mom.” I sighed. I kissed her goodbye and walked out of the house into the chilly winter air. I checked my phone to see what time it was and gasped. There was no time to walk. I’d have to take the the bus. I ran back to the bus stop just in time to see the bus rolling up the street. I sighed. I made it. I would be in loads of trouble if I was late for school. The bus came to a stop and the doors opened. I hopped onto the bus and found the first empty seat I could find and took out my sketchbook. I hated taking the bus because it was always jam packed with people talking about the most stupid, inappropriate things you could think of. I started sketching and stopped for just a moment and looked out the bus window. I looked at the library and saw something that would probably give me nightmares for a week. A devil was looking at me smack in the eyes and the worst part, he had a look of blood filled hunger in his eyes. When he realized who he was looking at, he started to run. Straight. Towards. The Bus.

Hope you enjoyed the beginning of the story! I will try to post parts of it for almost very post. 


Art:

I love drawing, painting, and most art. I don't have much to say about art right now but I can tell you about some pictures I might upload for you to see. If I don't have a drawing that I want to show you, I might put up photos or drawings or paintings or videos that inspire me or might just be inspiring to anyone in general! For those of you that like to watch videos of people drawing or painting or really doing anything artsey, a youtuber that I would highly recommend would be Art ala Carte, otherwise known as Valerie Flynn, is an amazing artist. She is so sweet, kind, and humble and she is the first youtuber I would recommend if you wanted a drawing tutorial or inspiration. I would go check her out right now. Here is a link to her channel. If the link doesn't work, go to youtube and type in "Art ala Carte" in the search bar.

Let's Talk About Something Random:

I love reading, And I don't see why that should be a bad thing. But in this generation, not as many people really read anymore. I ask random people I know if they like reading and a majority of the response is "ew. reading." I mean, come on, it's not that bad. I'm not trying to hate on people that don't like to read, I'm just merely stating that reading is cool. 

Songs You Should Probably Listen To:

  • Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time - Panic! At the Disco
  • Centuries - Fall Out Boy
  • We Don't Believe What's On TV - Twenty One Pilots
  • Enemy Fire - Bea Miller

Well that's all for my First Blog Post! Hope you will visit to read my next post! Hope that I actually post a next post! (LOL) Keep being chill! 







No comments:

Post a Comment